Re: Where do i change the default DVD application?

On Sat, 2008-01-19 at 23:06 +0100, Mark wrote:
> Oke i found it. it's hidden in a strange location.
> It's located in:
>
> System -> Preferences -> Hardware -> Removable devices and media
> than in the Multimedia tab.
>
> Now that name is by far suggestion that "preferred applications" can
> be set in there.
> Would be best if this gets merged with the other Preferred
> Applications if you ask me.

Misunderstanding on your behalf...

The removable media preferences come into action when dealing with
removable media.  DVDs are removable media.  You plug it in, there's an
action for that.

Default application preferences are for when you ask the system to do
open something.  If you were to do some mouse clicking on a DVD, then
here would be an appropriate place to set the default application.

--
[tim bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.12-52.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.