Re: more Fedora Cookbook: VNC

Robert P. J. Day wrote:

In this vnc on Fedora, I see a blank desktop, rather than a running
session on the other PC.

by "blank desktop", do you mean truly blank, or just a regular initial
desktop with no clients running on it yet?  i'm assuming the latter.

I think the X session started by vncserver defaults to twm or something most people wouldn't recognize. As usual it is all controlled by config files that you can change.

if you wanted to grab control of their desktop, i imagine you'd have
to do something corresponding to running vncviewer and connection to
display :0.  is that even possible?  i didn't look into that.  does
any of the above make sense?  clarification, anyone?

Yes, the X module permits that. I believe the commercial NX server also does, but the current freenx version does not share the console :0 session.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com