more Fedora Cookbook: VNC

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 18:11:48 UTC 2008

Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>>> In this vnc on Fedora, I see a blank desktop, rather than a running
>>> session on the other PC.
>
> by "blank desktop", do you mean truly blank, or just a regular initial
> desktop with no clients running on it yet?  i'm assuming the latter.

I think the X session started by vncserver defaults to twm or something
most people wouldn't recognize.  As usual it is all controlled by config
files that you can change.

> if you wanted to grab control of their desktop, i imagine you'd have
> to do something corresponding to running vncviewer and connection to
> display :0.  is that even possible?  i didn't look into that.  does
> any of the above make sense?  clarification, anyone?

Yes, the X module permits that.  I believe the commercial NX server also
does, but the current freenx version does not share the console :0 session.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com