Linux Linksys Kiss 1600 PC-Link

max maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 19:43:30 UTC 2008

Dick Holland wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-01-20 at 22:34 +1030, Tim wrote:
>> On Sun, 2008-01-20 at 08:32 +0000, Dick Holland wrote:
>>> To close a very old thread
>> No, you haven't.  You've replied to ANOTHER thread, hijacking that one.
>>
>> Your message is not tied to its original thread in any way.  I, and many
>> others, will NOT find it when looking for a resolution to that thread.
>> that thread.
>>
>> NB:  Threads are not "threaded" by the text written in the subject line.
>> They're threaded by the message headers that say *this* message is
>> "in-reply-to" the "message-id" of the message that it's *actually* in
>> reply to, and a "references" header that lists the other messages in the
>> same thread.
>>
>> --
>> [tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
>> 2.6.23.12-52.fc7 i686 i386
>>
>> Don't send private replies to my address, the mailbox is ignored.
>> I read messages from the public lists.
>>

> My goodness, Tim, you certainly need to be taught some manners, don't
> you?

He might need a lesson in manners but apparently so do you, since he is
100% correct that you hijacked a thread and mixed this thread in with
another unrelated thread.
> I was trying to thank the people who had helped me before (needless to
> say that you weren't one of them) and let them them know that I have
> found a solution.

A proper thank you would have been sent back to the original thread. The
people who helped you there might not even look through this thread. Do
you imagine that every person that subscribes to the Fedora List reads
every thread in its entirety?