Re: Is FC8 stable enough for what I am doing...

Chuck wrote:
I am mainly using FC8 as a LAMP development platform and also a
subversion repository.

Mainly these packages are being used:
db-4x
mysql 5.x
perl
apache 2.2 (custom rolled)
PHP 5.x (custom rolled)
libneon
apr (custom rolled)
apr-util (custom rolled)
autoconf
libtool
sqlite (custom rolled)
openssl (custom rolled)

Based on these packages can I rely on FC8 as a platform? I was using

If you want to target RHEL6, probably.

RHEL5 but not having updates was getting frustrating and paying a
subscription fee for bug fixes doesn't sit well with me.

Is there a problem with CentOS?

--

Cheers
John