Fedora 8 slowness

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 00:03:14 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-01-20 at 12:16 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 13:13:14 -0500
> Dick Seabrook <dick.seabrook at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Has anyone else using F8 noticed a slowness to open the
> > desktop during user login?
>
> No.
>
> >  Maybe it's my imagination
>
> Could be.
>
> > but it seems to take a few seconds longer each time I bring up
> > F8 and log in as a normal user.
>
> Perhaps you're loading something on login that takes a few seconds to
> initialize.  Check your sessions list and see if that's what it is.

Mine used to be as slow as pig-iron until I figured out that the
previous session was being saved and then restored upon the next login,
due to a setting in one little obscure check-box. That was back in FC5
or 6. But, I haven't seen it on by default since though. I'm sure I
pushed the red button not fully understanding what it would do. I have
my moments. :) Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar