X.org Keeps Dying Out Of The Blue

I'm not sure what the problem could be; all I know is that randomly, while I'm working on the desktop, my monitor goes dark and shows an "Input Not Supported" message. There's nothing in the logs, and reinstalling does not help. This didn't happen before; it didn't start when I installed F8, it started suddenly. I thought it might be my mouse (which has been acting funny), but it continues to happen even if I change what mouse I'm using. I'm about out of ideas for fixing it...