Highmem kernel build failed [SOLVED]

Joey Baltrusch joeybaltrusch at email.com
Mon Jan 21 00:58:10 UTC 2008

 The solution was simple in hindsight, but very odd.   I had several
problems, including very poor mouse behaviour as I was working in Gnome.
This morning, I decided to look over the KDE desktop configuration and
see what it offered.  I immediately noticed that my mouse worked.  And
then I checked, and my USB Cruzer mini-drive worked!!   So, I tried the
kernel compile again, and that worked too!!! That says something about
the Fedora 8 respin, that several components seem to work better after
KDE comes up the first time.  My mouse and other components now work
under Gnome as well. Of course, it could have been something else that I
changed while working through all the other issues, but too many things
changed.  I'll never know for sure.  Now, off to get VNC and Blender
running.....