From: "Joey Baltrusch"
To: fedora-list redhat com
Subject: Highmem kernel build failed
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 00:16:15 +0800

I am a noob to Linux, but I've been able to follow the FC8 script at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/CustomKernel?highlight=%28kernel%29

For the kernel config, I used the kernel-2.6.23.9-i686.config

After modifying the highmem switch successfully using the script (it looks good in .config), I followed the script down to the rpmbuild command.

I used the "Build all flavors" format, and got this response at the end.  I assume I'm missing something from my Dev environment, it's the default from the FC8 i386 DVD.

RPM Build Errors
bad exit status from /var/tmp/rmp-tmp.19630

I'm building linux on a asus P5K SE with 8Gig ram, and I'm going to use Blender, so I want to maximize my memory usage.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

--
Want an e-mail address like mine?