F8 is a problem

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Jan 21 02:04:10 UTC 2008

Karl Larsen wrote:

>    I was mad because it was impossible for anyone to now how to fix it.
> I am back on F8 right now and it seems to be working fine.
>
> Karl

So you decided to venture into Fedora 8 country again. Hopefully things
will go a lot smoother with the newer installation.

Regarding rpm --force, it does not work out as --replacefiles
--replacepkgs does if yum pukes all over your installation because of an
rpm failure during the transaction. --replacepkgs works out better and
removes the bogus previous version which was already removed from your
rpm database. I recently had an opportunity to test the options to rpm
since during a 60 plus when compiz-gnome failed. There was a big mess to
cleanup afterwards. That was with Fedora 9 to be though and not Fedora 8.

Good luck!
Jim

That's the end of The Joke, but for you people who are still worried
about George and Harry: they end up in the drink, and make the front
page of the New York Times: "Balloonists Soaked by Lawyer".