Re: VMWare as a networking alternative

On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 10:09:36PM -0500, vamythguy wrote:

>    I  suspected  from  the beginning that I was hunting a white whale.  I
>    didn't really want to waste forum resources, but thought maybe someone
>    had a quick answer.  I think I'll explore a more automated approach to
>    natively  supporting  my wireless card, under sepaerate cover.  Thanks
>    for your input.

I run VMware as you are thinking of doing, that is a Fedora (7 in my
case) host with a Windows XP guest.

As far as I understand it the host provides the guest with specific
types of virtual NICs, what the XP guest sees when it's installed is a
computer with specific (well supported) NICs, sound cards, etc.

I don't think your Windows XP guest will get anywhere near the
wireless hardware so VMWare may not help on that front.

--
Chris Green