Pidgin Hangs while using amarok and firefox together

Hello I am using Fedora 8 on an intel core2q 2 GB RAM with Nvidia 71000GS with desktop effects enabled(GLdesktop) ... Whenever I use amarok,firefox and pidgin together,and when i start chatting on pidgin,pidgin sort of goes black and white and then i have to force quit it..This is quite irritating while chatting...firefox also slows down I have Amarok pidgin script running as well as Gnome multimedia keys script running in amarok..
Any solution>?
This black and white fade problem occours with totem too sometimes..