Re: Off Topic: can anyone recommend a USB KVM

Henrik Frisk wrote:
On Jan 21, 2008 3:36 PM, Tim <ignored_mailbox yahoo com au> wrote:

On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 08:11 -0600, Dave Ihnat wrote:
When it locks, it's a bit of a PITA--it has a transformer, but clearly
draws power from the host machines, since you have to unplug
*everything* to reset it.  MOST of the time, that will reset
everything; very occasionally, you have to reboot the controlled
computers.  THAT is a royal PITA.
The electronics hacker in me would be tempted to pull that box apart and
see if it were possible to isolate the power wiring so it wouldn't draw
power from the computers.

I'm using a 2-port Aten master view. It's pricy but it works flawlessly in a
mixed environment (Linux and OS X). It's USB and DVI and has its own power
supply. Highly recommended.

What model? I'd never heard of them, but this place is withing a longish walk of here:
http://www.comwiz.net.au/shop.asp?Category=KVM

The don't seem particularly expensive to me.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait