Example of get nVidia

Aldo Foot lunixer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 02:15:35 UTC 2008

On Jan 21, 2008 5:51 PM, Les <hlhowell at pacbell.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 15:46 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> > On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 22:43:02 +0100
> > François Patte <francois.patte at math-info.univ-paris5.fr> wrote:
> >
> > > Why don't simply ignore them when they are stupid?
> >
> > I think it's because everyone wants to be as helpful as possible.  There
> are a
> > lot of very nice folks who inhabit this mailing list, and everyone tries
> to do
> > the best they can to assist everyone who needs a hand.
> >
> Also if Karl doesn't get it, there will be other much more timid folk
> who also don't get it.  When the answer that Karl understands is added
> to the archives, more people benefit than Karl.  I know this from years
> of teaching people complex topics in Test Engineering.  I could tell you
> some good stories about some classes, but those people were also serious
> about learning.  Better to have helped them than to upset them or tease
> them.  In turn they helped their friends and their company.  They become
> better thought of, the company's profit increases, and everyone is a
> winner.  Not hard, just hard to keep your composure sometimes.
>
>        I often had to think of EX wife #2 who was Korean.  When people
> would
> talk to her in the early stages of her arrival to the US, and she didn't
> understand them, they would move closer and repeat the same thing louder
> and slower.  It didn't help.  she could hear very well, was well
> educated, talented and capable woman.  She wasn't deaf, she didn't
> understand English.
>
>        All of the information about the OS is similar to speaking English
> someone who is Korean.  If they don't understand, shouting, name calling
> or posting the same references over and over doesn't accomplish anything
> and just reflects that we (all of us) sometimes have difficulty
> communicating, both reading and listening.  Speaking and typing we do
> really well, but not well coupled to understanding sometimes.
>
> Regards,
> Les H
>
> --

 I echo this loudly.
A little while ago I was instructing someone to enter their password
somewhere, and for my socks I could not believe the user did not know
how to type capital letter "A". The user holds a PhD. But the English
language
 was a bit of a problem. And yes, it's a bit frustrating sometimes.

~af