Example of get nVidia

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Tue Jan 22 02:20:04 UTC 2008

Les wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 15:46 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 22:43:02 +0100
>> François Patte <francois.patte at math-info.univ-paris5.fr> wrote:
>>

>>> Why don't simply ignore them when they are stupid?
>>>
>> I think it's because everyone wants to be as helpful as possible.  There are a
>> lot of very nice folks who inhabit this mailing list, and everyone tries to do
>> the best they can to assist everyone who needs a hand.
>>

> Also if Karl doesn't get it, there will be other much more timid folk
> who also don't get it.  When the answer that Karl understands is added
> to the archives, more people benefit than Karl.  I know this from years
> of teaching people complex topics in Test Engineering.  I could tell you
> some good stories about some classes, but those people were also serious
> about learning.  Better to have helped them than to upset them or tease
> them.  In turn they helped their friends and their company.  They become
> better thought of, the company's profit increases, and everyone is a
> winner.  Not hard, just hard to keep your composure sometimes.
>
> 	I often had to think of EX wife #2 who was Korean.
    What nationality was wife #1? I am still happy with #1.

>   When people would
> talk to her in the early stages of her arrival to the US, and she didn't
> understand them, they would move closer and repeat the same thing louder
> and slower.  It didn't help.  she could hear very well, was well
> educated, talented and capable woman.  She wasn't deaf, she didn't
> understand English.
>
> 	All of the information about the OS is similar to speaking English to
> someone who is Korean.  If they don't understand, shouting, name calling
> or posting the same references over and over doesn't accomplish anything
> and just reflects that we (all of us) sometimes have difficulty
> communicating, both reading and listening.  Speaking and typing we do
> really well, but not well coupled to understanding sometimes.
>
> Regards,
> Les H

    A person who got a PHd in EE in 1964 is not well versed in computers
since there were very few. I started my business and it was me and a
Secretary and my hand written papers had to be corrected for my terrible
spelling and sent on to the Customer. Funny, but my Doctoral project was
proving that tri-state logic is required between the kernel and memory.

    The Company developed Cryostat's and detector arrays. They were
bought and when they worked I sold the patents for real money. The 8
other people shared in the money and I closed it.

Karl