Windows Network

max maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 03:01:48 UTC 2008

Dr P Dupre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am still trying to configure properly to have this "network" working.
> Now I can see the other machines on the network !
> When I try to connect on one (for example belonging to the same workgroup),
> I get: Sorry, couldn't display all the contents of "Windows Network:
> bernath" and any machine shows up.
> Concerning samba, I have: workgroup bernath
> Security Authentication Mode User
> Authentification Server: *
> No Guest Account
> Encrypt Password yes
>
> Concerning the firewall, I enable mail, ssh, samba
> I did not notice any difference if the SELinux Setting is enforced or
> disabled.
>
> What else should I check ?
>
> In the workgroup bernath there is several machines which are visible
> from a XP machine.

Try connecting to one of the machines by IP address. Do this:

Places>Connect to Server>   When the dialog box pops up change the
service type to Windows Share and on the line below that where it says
server , enter the IP address of the XP box. Then hit connect. When
prompted for login credentials, you must use a user name and password
that have an account on the local machine you are connecting to.

-Max