Fedora 8 64-bit Athlon Install- Can't find CD/DVD Drives?

Scott van Looy scott at ethosuk.org.uk
Tue Jan 22 14:35:17 UTC 2008

Today Rick Bilonick did spake thusly:

> I'm trying to install Fedora 8 64-bit on an Athlon 64-bit desktop
> running Fedora 6. It boots from the install disk, asks about language,
> etc. and then strangely brings up a menu on which I'm to indicate where
> the packages to install are (CD/DVD, hard drive, etc.). If it's booting
> from the DVD to begin with, why is it now asking where the packages are?
> I've tried all sorts of kernel parameters (ide=nodma, acpi=off, etc. - I
> included ones specifically for this problme) but NOTHING helps. What is
> the solution? Must I replace the CD/DVD drive? If so, how do I know what
> to buy??

I got exactly the same problem trying to upgrade onto my dual opteron
setup...I gave up and upgraded uding yum. Would be interested to see if
there's a solution though...

--
Scott van Looy - email:me at ethosuk.org.uk | web:www.ethosuk.org.uk
site:www.freakcity.net - the in place for outcasts since 2003

"`Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.'"

- Arthur experiences the improbability drive at work.