Double messages

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Tue Jan 22 20:27:54 UTC 2008

Mark Haney wrote:
> Karl Larsen wrote:
>> Michael Schwendt wrote:
>>> On 22/01/2008, Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com> wrote:
>

>>> I am getting two copies of all messages to the Fedora list. This is
>>> the only list so effected.
>>    I did some simple looking at the Thunderbird mail client and I
>> have discovered how to do exactly what is being done to me. And it is
>> dirt simple and all you need is the email address of the victom and
>> the email address of the list. I have both for most people on this
>> list. In theory I can do the same for all of you.
>>
>> Karl
>>

> <rant>
>
> Sure, it's easy.  Sure YOU can do it.  But I think you're missing the
> issue here.  Anyone with brains can pull this off, but /is anyone
> really doing this/?  I know you've been looking at the problem, but
> try looking at the big picture.  Is anyone really doing this?  Or are
> you blowing this completely out of proportion?
>
> Unless I see honest proof (logs, etc would be very informative) that
> this is truly the case, I think this thread needs to simply go away.
>
> Please, feel free to do this to me if you wish.  I can (and probably
> SHOULD after this) filter every single email you post to this list.
> We don't mind helping you, but there are rules in this list.
> Unwritten and  unspoken, sure, but they are still rules.  A lot of
> people here are becoming quite unhappy with the fact that you don't
> seem to be learning those rules very well, or at all, depending on who
> you talk to.
>
> This is a community, and not everyone gets along with everyone else.
> People rub each other the wrong way.  It's the nature of things.  But
> when protocol is followed, a good portion of that can be ameliorated.
>
> Repeated threats like this isn't going to make you any friends and
> even more, make it very unlikely that you'll get any help at all.
>
> I truly doubt someone on this list has the time (or the immaturity) to
> setup something like you describe.  But maybe I'm wrong.  Without
> evidence of this, I'm not buying.
>
> </rant>
>
> * Besides, here in the US yesterday was Martin Luther King day, and in
> the words of a another King (uh, Rodney), "can't we all just get along?"

    It is obvious that we can not get along and it is not my fault. I
discovered yesterday I was getting 2 copies of every message sent to
this list. It is not nice. When I got it figured out it is someone on
this list who is doing it to ME, I decided to find out, how hard is this
to do? In short order I discovered you can cause this to happen if your
using Thunderbird.

    As for get along I am in favor of that. I only react when I have
been fouled. And many of the so-called experts here get great pleasure
from hurting me.

Karl