Re: livna video drivers for idiots

Abhishek Rane wrote:
but still it should be like whenever a user tries to enable desktop effects it should give the user an option to download restricted drivers instead of showing "desktop effects could not be enabled" (which confuses a new user )

Back in FC3 or something like that - Fedora had some video package that would tell the user to install RealPlayer - and the list was full of complaints about it.

I don't think Fedora should endorse the closed source drivers/software - they do sometimes mis-behave, and the Fedora developers can't do squat about it - so Fedora itself should not recommend them.

But I don't mind it being as easy as possible for new users (who may not understand yum etc.) to get them.