Re: Remote Desktop: the recipe.

Jonathan Underwood wrote:
On 22/01/2008, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell gmail com> wrote:
And to confuse things a bit more, the vncts package that starts new
sessions on demand through xinetd would also conflict in a different way.

Huh? What's this vncts package? This sounds interesting.

It's a setup to let xinetd start instances of Xvnc that do localhost XDMCP logins for each connection. Several ports are configured to give a choice of screen size and color depth. I've only used it on the k12ltsp distribution but I think it is a stock fedora package. K12ltsp is configured by default to accept XDMCP logins from thin clients and you might have to tweak this on a stock fedora.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com