Re: Remote Desktop: the recipe.

John Summerfield wrote:

1. The subject. I thought you were talking about connecting to a Windows desktop.
2. I use KDE
3. You didn't persuade me it's better than VNC.

What he describes is VNC - just the gnome variation (vino) and it doesn't get copy/paste right with a windows client. The KDE flavor is krfb.

I've read it again, understanding improves with a second reading:-)

It might use vnc as the mechanism, but it's not what most users would think of as "remote desktop."

More like desktop sharing.

I'm not sure I understand your distinction. This is a way to connect to the running session on the console. There are other ways, and different approaches if you want separate and/or multiple sessions independent from the console.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com