Please send

Jacques B. jjrboucher at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 01:11:28 UTC 2008

On Jan 22, 2008 8:01 PM, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23/01/2008, Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com> wrote:
> >     I can't forward to the offender because my address is just sent back
> > to me so please send this to him:
> >
> >   Hi. you are forwarding the fedora list to me. Please stop doing that.
> >
> > dherbert66 at gmail.com
> >
> > Karl
>
> I would not assume that there's a real person behind that address.
> You may need to send an abuse complaint to Google. Consider it likely
> that somebody opened a Google Mail account with faked data.
>

> --

My thoughts exactly when I saw Karl's plea for help to which you
responded.  Sounds like someone created an account for that purpose
only (or ultimately abandoned it for that purpose).  Your only avenue
is an abuse complaint with Google.  Fortunately Google logs IP
addresses during account creation and account access.  So they can
pursue the matter with the ISP or company who owns that IP.  Not sure
what they will require to pursue it to that extent.

I've said it before.  Regardless differences we may have, it's
confined to disagreements on the list.  Such an action is unacceptable
and does nothing to improve things on the list.

Jacques B.