nfs export a partition mounted via samba?

One of our users has a NAS or lan disk that he wants to make available
(read only) to a number of people in our office. The disk's interface
with the world is samba. Our shop uses NFS. How possible/suicidal
would it be to try to mount this disk on a linux box via samba, then
export it again via NFS? Would it work at all, be ridiculously slow,
or bring Armageddon?

I've googled around, but I haven't discovered the right search terms
to separate people who are comparing the two from the loonies like me
who want to piggyback them. Or maybe I am the only one nutty enough to
have even considered this (as if each weren't flakey enough on their
own).

Thanks
Dave