Re: Remote Desktop: the recipe.

Jonathan Underwood wrote:

Yeah, actually, the thing that is missing from the vncts package is
the server option:

-fp /usr/share/X11/fonts/misc/

... in /etc/sysconfig/vncts the options set for the vnc server are:
VNCTSOPTIONS="-inetd -once -query localhost -fp unix/:7100 -SecurityTypes None"

I don't know why, but I never had any luck with -fp unix/:7100 - the
vnc server will start and then shut down after 5 seconds. I *think*
this is because I am not running the font server, but am not 100
percent sure. In any case, changing this to -fp
/usr/share/X11/fonts/misc/ fixes things.

Probably a leftover difference from Xfree86 or maybe k12ltsp has the font server running to support the thin client logins.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com