Re: CD and DVD ISO images

John Summerfield wrote:
Ed Greshko wrote:

It is a silly question:-) It misses the point, which is to make Fedora easier to share and to install on machines which lack DVD drives and good Internet access.

Well, you keep mentioning "Neither helps install sans network" and statements that seem to indicate that lack of network is part of the hurdle.
yes, both of
1. No good network.
2. CD drive but not DVD.

I've never had a problem to install on a system without a DVD drive but a good network connection. I've used the "Live CD" method or downloaded the DVD iso and did a network install.

My proposal addresses the cases of no DVD drive but CD, and no good networking.

In that case I'm still suggesting that fedora is not the wisest choice of distro.

So, I guess whatever solution you're proposing is redundant for me.

Sure, it's not for everyone. However, I sometimes would like both, and the cost of providing CD isos imbedded in DVD isos and used for installing is pretty small.