Updates of X

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jan 23 05:35:51 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 10:00 -0500, max bianco wrote:
> What kind of video card do you have?There have been many issues with
> the ATI driver. It is being worked on...i occassionally have minor
> video issues too but that's life. I have not tried Nvidia cards, maybe
> they work better.

I don't know if "better" is right, but perhaps different.  I haven't the
two different types to compare.  I have two computers with NVidia cards,
and haven't noticed the complaint of the original poster (resolutions
changing after driver updates).  But I have had resolutions changing
each bootup, in the dim and distant past.

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.12-52.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.