Fwd: ports

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jan 23 05:46:58 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 14:22 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
> As a user I don't like http redirects. There are various things you
> can do in Apache

Me either, and I was using the wrong terminology.  I should have said
URI rewriting rules.  It's a different technique, you're not bounced
about like the 300 redirect rules, and users that bookmark you will end
up using your corrected addresses, rather than the incorrect ones they
first used.

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.12-52.fc7 i686 i386