Cannot export eclipse rcp product with fedora eclipse

Hi
I am building an RCP app on Linux Fedora 8 x86_64.
It is a stock standard pure Fedora installation, so the eclipse is based on version 3.3.

I use the "Eclipse Product export wizard" to make a standalone app.
It creates a folder with appname.ini, configuration, icon.xpm, jre, plugins, startup.jar.

So, there is no launcher.

I see no error messages in the console view.
It looks as if the wizard creates a folder for the launcher but quickly deletes it again.

The app works fine when started from inside eclipse.
The export works fine when done with a manually installed eclipse+pde from eclipse.org.

Please advice.

/Bengt