Re: Sendmail Help

At 07:21 AM Wednesday, 1/23/2008, you wrote -=>
On Jan 23, 2008 9:04 AM, Dan Track <dan track gmail com> wrote:
> let me know if its possible and point me to somewhere.
>
> Basically I'd like to configure sendmail in such a way that for a
> particular domain e.g example.com it sends all mail to server1 however
> for user joe example com I want his mail to be sent directly to
> server2.

The documentation you're looking for is in
/usr/share/sendmail-cf/README *after* you install the sendmail-cf
package.

Since it's been a few years since I last tackled a problem similar to
this, I don't know the answer off the top of my head.  It will involve
specifying a sendmail map of some sort and then adding the mapping
rules you mention.

Have a look at mailertable option:

'mailertable' in Sendmail. This sendmail option allows you to specify destination servers for specific mail domains (great for acting as a second MX host). This is better for mail routing than virtusertable. The mailertable file can be used to direct mail for particular domains to specific hosts. To enable this feature, set the following in your sendmail.mc and rebuild sendmail.cf.

FEATURE(`mailertable')

The should result in a sendmail.cf that contains a Kmailertable line listing the path to the mailertable file plus some ruleset code.

See also:
http://freebsd.peon.net/tutorials/16/
http://www.sendmail.org/m4/mailertables.html
http://www.sendmail.org/m4/features.html

HTH....

Ed Kasky
~~~~~~~~~
Randomly Generated Quote (11 of 576):
"Acceptance is not submission; it is acknowledgment of the facts
of a situation, then deciding what you're going to do about it."
-- Kathleen Casey Theisen