Re: Loop FS help please.

<snip>
>     I tried several of the suggested methods and the one with -t does
> not work. With the t removed this works fine:
>
> mount  <isofile> /mnt/point/here -o loop
>
> It is a bit easier to remember too. And my testing was on F8.
>
> Karl
>

> --
>
>         Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI

That underscores an important point.  That the file system on the
optical media may not be iso9660 hence using -t iso9660 would fail in
that case.  Omitting it causes the mount command to attempt to
determine the filesystem and mount it accordingly.  As long as it can
recognize it and that filesystem type is supported by your kernel you
are good to go.

Jacques B.