Re: CD and DVD ISO images

John Aldrich wrote:

IF that were the case, I don't know why Fedora decided to drop that model in favor of a "real" DVD image, but that does make it difficult for people (like myself) who do not have a "bootable" DVD drive. I've got a DVD drive, but for some strange reason I can't seem to boot off it. Whether that's a BIOS issue or what, I don't know. I don't particularly care, either. It does not matter to me whether I boot off a "boot cd" and then install from the DVD or from a collection of CDs. I just need something that my system will boot.

I recall that as of RHL 7.x one could NFS-install from a collection of ISO images. I think that functionality remains, and I had it in mind when I made the original suggestion.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait