NMI kernel message after today's F8 updates

Mike mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 08:18:18 UTC 2008

max <maximilianbianco <at> gmail.com> writes:

>   What kind of symptoms are you seeing? lockups?crashes?

That is the strange thing - no symptoms - it seems to work fine but just the
NMI kernel message at boot time.

In the past when this happened it was consistently there at boot with no other
symptoms also - then after another update later (in F7) this no longer
occurred.

So I don't know which update was the cause as there were a lot of
updates available that day.

Maybe I will just have to wait until another update makes this
stop occurring!