How do I update the repository groups file comps.xml

Ashleigh Kennett-Smith (ashman) no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Thu Jan 24 11:51:59 UTC 2008

Thanks Phil,

This pointed me in the right direction. Not only do I have everything working, but the process I now use is simpler!

The process I now use is ...

Managing my repository (after copying/mirroring packages):

(remove older versions of packages from my repository for me)
repomanage --old /...../fedora8/i386/Packages | xargs rm -f

(update the repository)
createrepo -d -g /...../fedora8/i386/repodata/Fedora-8-comps.xml /...../fedora8/i386

(I quite like having the repoview functionality for searching package info)
repoview -q -f -u http://localhost/...../fedora8/i386 [1] /...../fedora8/i386
Running Pungi (I do these separately so I can test stages):

pungi -G -c pungi-fedora8.ks --nosource
pungi -C -c pungi-fedora8.ks --nosource
pungi -B -c pungi-fedora8.ks --nosource
pungi -P -c pungi-fedora8.ks --nosource
pungi -S -c pungi-fedora8.ks --nosource
pungi -I -c pungi-fedora8.ks --nosource

The contents of my pungi kick start file (pungi-fedora8.ks):

repo --name=Fedora --baseurl=http://localhost/...../fedora8/i386
%packages --nobase
a2ps*
acl*