Loop FS help please.

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Jan 24 18:14:22 UTC 2008

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, Teo Fonrouge wrote:

> On Wednesday 23 January 2008 02:12:31 pm Teo Fonrouge wrote:
> > On Wednesday 23 January 2008 01:17:01 pm clemens at dwf.com wrote:
> > > For some reason, I seem to have a mental block when trying to do a mount
> > > of a loop filesystem.
> > >
> > > I have a copy of the f8 iso on disk, I would like to look inside of it.
> > > Im sure that I can do that with a magic mount ... -o loop= ... but cant
> > > seem to get it right.
> >
> > # mount -o loop yourisofile.iso /home/joe/mnt
> >
> > That would work.
>
> There is another way to look inside a iso, in a console (konsole,
> gnome-terminal, xterm, run level 3, ...) you can use mc (midnight
> commander) to see the tree of a iso and even you can view and copy
> the files from inside the iso file.

i like the non-root utility recently mentioned -- fuseiso -- which i'd
never heard of.  that might end up being one of my new bestest
friends.  i can certainly see its value in shell scripts that need
access to image mounting without root privilege.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

Home page:                                         http://crashcourse.ca