gtk2 update on fc8 SOLVED!

I decided to close yum down after over 1 hour. No response in terminal, so clicked on x in upper right corner of terminal, then log out and shut down computer. Started it again, brought up terminal, retried yum update, and it completed. The gtk2 app wasn't included in update list, though. Will have to wait until problems show up, I guess. Are there yum logs to review for update activity, or where does yum store verbose logs?
Tom