Grub problem, can't boot.

I know it's my own fault but can't see a way out. I made an entry to grub.conf of an F7 system that I am currently building. The purpose of this entry should be to launch BookManager. I have tried many variations to no avail and at this last time I got the idea from some grub documentation that I should code the entry as:

Title BookManager
      map (hd0) (hd1)
      map (hd1) (hd0)
      rootnoverify (hd0,1)
      makeactive
      chainloader +1

All my (stupid) attemps did not launch BookManager but did no other harm. It was not till I added the two map statements that I got the problem that after the first attempt to load BM I was no longer able to boot the F7 system. Clearly the statements had ruined my boot loader somehow. Is there a way to rectify the damage? I had not expected that this would cause a permanent damage to the system.

Thank God I am able to boot my old FC5 system but my two F7 systems are now inaccessible.

Please help! If I have to reinstall the systems (which I hope I can) it will set me back several weeks :-(

--
Erik.