Fedora 8: Stopping all the diskpartitions from showing on the desktop.

Leslie Satenstein lsatenstein at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 23:44:44 UTC 2008

I installed F8 in November, and have an annoying problem.

My userid was the one that I selected after chosing the root password during the installation.  When I log to my user-id, I get to see every disk partition available on the system, and I have many.

When I created other logon id's, these partitions did not show on the desktop. If I want them to show, I issue a mount command for them.

Anyone tell me where gnome or kde stores this list?  I really want to stop unmounting them, one at a time after logon as they are mounted read-write.

Leslie in Montreal