Re: basic bluetooth question

On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 17:17 -0700, don fisher wrote:
I am running F8 on a Dell 1721 laptop. After I boot, and run hciconfig,
sometimes there is output, and other time none. Can anybody please
inform me if anything required in modprobe.conf. I would also like to
know where hcid is spawned from, etc. I have restarted
/etc/init.d/bluetooth and was not able to detect any change.

I have a Buetooth mouse and keyboard. When there is output from
hciconfig, I can connect the devices.

Can somebody please help me with what needs to be configured?

Thanks
don

Try putting this "options hci_usb reset=1" into /etc/modprobe.conf and see if it
helps any for you. I was having a similar issue and that help clear it up for me

Don R