basic bluetooth question

don fisher dfisher at as.arizona.edu
Fri Jan 25 01:00:03 UTC 2008

I added that line to my modprobe.conf file, but saw no difference when I
rebooted. I have noticed, which may be just coincidence, that if I have
my usb mouse plugged in, the system seems to respond to hciconfig:

hci0:   Type: USB
         BD Address: 00:1C:26:F0:75:6D ACL MTU: 1017:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
         UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
         RX bytes:59892 acl:3596 sco:0 events:89 errors:0
         TX bytes:1166 acl:34 sco:0 commands:38 errors:0

Is there any way to restart without rebooting? The output from
/var/log/messages, first when the system configures and adds hci0, and
when it does not, is attached. Any help?

don