Re: gtk2 update on fc8 SOLVED!

On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 14:17 -0600, Tom Poe wrote:
> I decided to close yum down after over 1 hour.  No response in terminal,
> so clicked on x in upper right corner of terminal, then log out and shut
> down computer.  Started it again, brought up terminal, retried yum
> update, and it completed.  The gtk2 app wasn't included in update list,
> though.  Will have to wait until problems show up, I guess.  Are there
> yum logs to review for update activity, or where does yum store verbose
> logs?
> Tom

I suggest you manually download the gtk2 RPM (For i386: [1], x86_64:
[2]) and manually install it on you machine using:
$ rpm -Uvh --force file.rpm

- Gilboa
[1] http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/8/i386/
[2] http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/8/x86_64/