Re: F8: Firefox isn't shown when physical network interfaces are up.

Lucas Brasilino wrote:
Hi Folks:

I've got an weird problem: When one of my physical interfaces are up, firefox
starts but seems not connecting to X, so it isn't shown.

Any tip or way to debug this problem ?

If Firefox the only program that gives you problems when the interface is up? If so, have you tried giving it 2 minutes or so before giving up on it? If non-network programs also give you problems, then I would check your hostname before and after bringing up the interface, as well as the IP address it resolves to.

If waiting eventually gets you Firefox, then I would suspect a DNS problem while Firefox is trying to check on updates for your extensions. The DNS timeout is normally about 90 seconds.

Mikkel