PPTP VPN CentOS 4.5

tony.chamberlain at lemko.com tony.chamberlain at lemko.com
Fri Jan 25 15:28:32 UTC 2008

I received some cryptic instructions to use "PPTP VPN" to connect to (IP address left off from this message for privacy).
I asked the person for more details but he didn't really know.

I tried using the Cisco AnyConnect VPN to this IP address but it said host not found.
IP address responds to a ping, and a regular ssh to the address gives the login
prompt. Of course I give the login and password they provide and it says "permission
denied". I am sure you cannot just ssh to the VPN.

Anyone know about PPTP VPNs? I found some information of different levels of
help on the net, but nothing is really right nor works.

Any suggestions?