F8: Firefox isn't shown when physical network interfaces are up.

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 16:07:15 UTC 2008

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 12:54:27 -0200 Lucas Brasilino wrote:

>I've already tested DNS resolution with dig. But you give me a tip
>to discover. The problem was that here at work we use a proxy,
>which I had to add it at firefox configuration.
>The bad thing is that I had to wait about 6 minutes to firefox be shown.

It's not good, related to this, that when you have only a dsl link and not a
lan, if for example DSL connection is down and you try to open firefox, it
is unusable for minutes, especially if you saved a session with multiple
labels pointing to different sites. Is it so difficult to have it show
suddenly that the connection is not available and let work for example for
local browsing or other things?
Other browsers don't have this limitation...

Gianluca