A little of FC8 Installation Guide

Barry Yu barryyu-cts at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 25 16:40:42 UTC 2008

Les <hlhowell at pacbell.net> wrote: On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 14:40 +0100, chew5011 wrote:

> > Les Howell wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 16:57 +0100, chew5011 wrote:
> >
> > > I am a beginner in Fedora core 8 and i installed a copy of it not long ago.
> > > In the process of installing several programs, i faced quite a lot of problems.
> > > Thus, i built a blog that writes down some of my experience in using fedora core 8 and hopefully, it will be able to help someone.
> > > By now, i already post 4 entries in the blog, and i will keep on posting entries to it whenever i am free.
> > > If you are willing, please drop by and have a look.
> > > the link of my blog is:
> > >
> > > http://totallybeginner.blogspot.com/ [1] [1]
> > >

> > Looks pretty good, but I am still on Fedora 7.  Only one thing... I got
> > the page with a black background and white text.  For me this is much
> > harder to read (Glaucoma affects my vision and makes dark holes in
> > things).  I can't speak for all visually impaired folks, but this is my
> > problem.  Maybe someone else with bad eyesight might say something here.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Les H
> Sorry for my late reaction man....
> i changed my template to white background with black text....
> wish that will make my blog better....
> Thanks...
Much better,
Thanks,
Les H

I covers all the major multi media player software that most beginners wanted and often run into problems. Since in your installation guide you  mentioned the installation of Compiz Fusion, if you don't mind to reveal a little more how to do it : You indicated that use command "glxinfo | grep direct" to make sure the Direct Rendering is enabled, and the screen should show "direct rendering : Yes, however mine is show "direct rendering : No" - How to enable the direct rendering or could you point to a direction where I could find it?
tks