Re: GRUB

Karl Larsen wrote:
Aldo Foot wrote:
On Jan 25, 2008 2:20 PM, Karl Larsen <k5di zianet com> wrote:
    I looked at what Google has for grub and of course the info grub and
the best for a person not an expert, is an article in the Linux book for
year 2001 where they talk about using floppy disks. All that I read uses
language that is hard for someone to understand and never do any of the
writing show applications of grub in use.

     Has anyone seen a paper that is down to earth and uses examples to
show grub use with Linux and Fedora?

Karl

I myself have been wanting to find something like cookbook format.

Did you see this? http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html, which
is dated May 2005. BTW this doc has the solution of a hidden partition
problem that
someone had earlier.

~af

No sorry this is not what I wanted. It is written by the Grub people and it is all about how grub works. I want one where how grub works is provided by experiments that work. And why does /devsda6 = hd(0,5)?

Karl

It's the primary drive. The numbering scheme starts as zero so 0,1,2,3,4,5 is used. They are different programs with different methods of identifying hard drives.