set default sound card

I am running F8 on x86_64 on a Dell box with an onboard Intel soundcard and speaker + a Soundblaster PCI card.

Whenever I run any apps that use pulseaudio the sound goes to the internal speaker and not the soundblaster. Is there a sensible way to fix this from a GUI? I've seen lots of posts about monkeying with kernel modules and pulseaudio conf settings and wondering if there is simple way?

I've tried disabling the Intel soundcard in system-config-soundcard, but that doesn't do anything.

John