Re: NMI kernel message after today's F8 updates

Mike wrote:
max <maximilianbianco <at> gmail.com> writes:

  What kind of symptoms are you seeing? lockups?crashes?

That is the strange thing - no symptoms - it seems to work fine but just the NMI kernel message at boot time.

In the past when this happened it was consistently there at boot with no other
symptoms also - then after another update later (in F7) this no longer
occurred. So I don't know which update was the cause as there were a lot of updates available that day.

Maybe I will just have to wait until another update makes this stop occurring!

If you are not experiencing any problems then "if it ain't broke don't fix it" may apply, though I certainly understand your curiosity. How are you faring after the latest round of updates? These include a kernel update so cross your fingers.

-Max