GRUB

Jacques B. jjrboucher at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 15:05:39 UTC 2008

> > http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/grub.html
> > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Quick_GRUB
> >
> > The first one is more detailed.  I suspect neither will be what you
> > want.  What it tells me is that most people either want the full meal
> > deal (the 90+ page grub manual), or a short guide (1-2 pages cut to
> > the chase type of guide).  Or perhaps more accurately those who've
> > taken the time to write a guide didn't see the need to elaborate much
> > beyond a few pages.  If someone is going to take the time (and has the
> > desire) to go through a 30 page guide because they want to better
> > understand grub, then they'll just as likely go through the grub
> > manual and pick out the 25-50 pages from it that they see as relevant
> > to their situation or of personal interest.  Why write a guide that is
> > 1/3 of the full manual for the very few who find that a 2-3 page guide
> > is not sufficient but the full guide is too much.
> >
> > Jacques B.
> >

>     Thank you. The first URL is what I am looking for. It is written for
> SUSE and UBUNTO but it is the same grub. And it is just a little too
> short but it covers all the things I wanted.
>
>     I will put it in my saved things.
>

> Karl

Yes, that first one is a pretty good little guide I must admit.  I was
beginning to think that perhaps you were looking for a primer instead
(more of an instructional type of guide that one might use to teach a
topic).  That would certainly be very beneficial.  I suspect some are
out there but likely developed for a course that someone is teaching
therefore not something they want to share (intellectual property
where sharing might cause people to not bother taking their course).

Jacques B.