Re: How do I make use of SSH_ASKPASS?

Colin Paul Adams escribĂ­o:
I can't find out to make use of this.

It is set to /usr/libexec/openssh/gnome-ssh-askpass, but I still get
prompted for a password when I use ssh.

I thought the prompt was only supposed to occur when I login to GNOME.

You should look at using keychain.  From the readme

README.Fedora - keychain opt-in

keychain is a manager for both ssh-agent and gpg-agent. It allows your shells
and cron jobs to share a single ssh-agent or gpg-agent process. keychain
typically runs from the login shell environment setting, i.e. ~/.bash_profile
when using bash or ~/.login when running a tcsh shell. It's general usage and
different options are documented in keychain(1).

--
Brian Millett - [ Ivanova, "Points of Departure"]
"And I thought I was a pessimist."