-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces redhat com]On Behalf Of Jim Cornette
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2008 11:57 AM
To: For users of Fedora
Subject: Re: Will FC8 be getting the 2.6.24-2 kernel?

Arch Willingham wrote:
> Will FC8 be getting the new 2.6.24 kernel?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Arch

You don't want this kernel to be introduced into this version of Fedora.
It has problems like locking up on boot at creating /dev/rtc exists and
also problems with the Cisco Wireless driver card.

You can get it from rawhide by updating mkinitrd and nash followed by
pulling in the kernel. In my experience the later version breaks things.

Jim