Re: Maintaining a local yum repository

Martin Marques wrote:

Is there something that will just do proxy with cache and not mirror
sync?  I mean, just download what you're installing or updating to
get cached in disk, not the whole repo.

Something like a proxy. :-D

Another method (also mentioned) is to nfs share your /var/cache/yum
dir.

IMHO, this is a crappy solution.

How so? While I'd prefer yum to play nice with a caching proxy that might already be set up, file sharing seems like a reasonable way to share files... If you already have a common network share it might work to copy one of the /var/cache/yum contents to it, then symlink all of them, avoiding the need to export a new shared directory.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com