Reducing the Size of Startup text

Currently on my Thinkpad t60p when I start up my laptop the system messages font is to large and runs off the screen. I know there is a way to add an attribute to the grub.conf file to reduce the size but I forget what the options are. Can someone tell me how to reduce the font size or point me in the direction of some info for this issue?

Thanks,
Greg Sieranski